Thursday 18 April 2013

Blowin' In the Wind

As in most of the east around T.O. a big blow went through last week.
A tree limb about my size crashed and hit the lower railing at QMH.
The neighbours removed the offending limb, leaving me clean up and railing fixing.
Well, most of the mess is gone but spring clean up will get the rest.

Weather is tres magnifico. Maybe, a little damp but other than that .....

News: It may not come as a surprise to some but fire watching has its own inherent dangers. The press didn't emphasize the spectator toll but I get the feeling that many West, Tx citizens were out fire watching when that fertilizer plant went up. Heck, the blast registered on the Richter scale.
I was thinking about fertilizer as I doused the lawn w/ ' weed n' feed '. Actually, I probably put down more corn gluten than anything else. We are not allowed to use herbicide on the lawn so, Round Up and corn gluten is about as close as we get to weed killer.

The river is high w/ melt which is good for farmers. Typically, the last decade, low water levels have plagued the lakes in tourist country. B/c we are on a navigable waterway, the depth is guaranteed as per charts. Even w/ that, I can tell that the flow is fairly poor in the summer ( at least the last 3 years ).
Yes, I'm thinking about fishing. That is not strange. I mostly, think about fishing.
M said, before me, she never anyone who looked at a river/ lake and instantly wondered what you could catch in there.
Aha, signs of a misspent youth or 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment