Tuesday 16 April 2013

What is Big

Yesterday , an explosive device ( s ) detonated in Boston during the annual Marathon. People died and many were injured.
How to put this event into perspective , is the question. Firstly, in Iran 5 people died - 3 perhaps in Boston. I don't know how to view the difference - or is there a difference.
M says she doesn't understand why humans would plant a bomb. 
I get the image of a large number of people marginalized in this society. I'm not sure humans were all meant to survive in the modern pressure cooker. The informational input - almost close to daily overload , is not easily assimilated by everyone.
Information rich and resource poor is the environment for most people in our society.
So, what does this minor attempt at rationalization prove or do ?

We still deal w/ the result. I may have become a little de-sensitized after  9 / 11 and that is very worrying.

Note : I thought about the writing above. The bombing was wrong and people suffered. I want revenge - meaning the perpetrators should suffer some how, What ??? Dunno. I'm not numb but at a loss  ... of something. Does a little humanity leak out of you if you see enough of this activity . I give up, trying to explain.

Weatherboy is showing 56 F, in the shade mid-morning. Grey and overcast and the trees swaying slightly.

Embarrassment plus, for someone. We are in the process of purchasing a new car. We are in the car learning the controls. the salesman tells us how to adjust the seats. Our car was supposed to have 10 way electric adjustable seats. I asked the guy why I was hand adjusting the seat. Then,  M says ' where is the back up camera '
The salesman says ' Huh , give me a moment '. He comes back and mutters ' Wrong car '. 
Yep, they ordered the wrong car. In the meantime our car is gone for trade-in.
After 15 minutes, we are driving away in a brand new loaner car and now wait for second new car.

The dealership gave us a Subaru Legacy to drive. Neat.


No comments:

Post a Comment