Sunday 21 April 2013

Size Matters

I know that I'm not really in touch w/ the world of business. Or maybe its a peripheral sort of thing.
I realize that a corporation out there is called - Cadbury-Schweppes -Mcmillan Bloedell - and that a hundred brand names are in there.
But recently I saw that GE, refrigerators, right ! - sold NBC, the network. Holey-kamoley,Batman. NBC, give me a break. How big is big, nowadays.

Weatherboy is dressed in coat and hat / scarf. However, we will warm up bumping , maybe, 60 F.

The Muskokas, N and W of our cottage is deemed a flood emergency. high water and fast moving streams. Even closer, the City of Kawartha Lakes, maybe 20 miles from the cottage is a warning flood area.

I'm listening to the ' Gipsy Kings ' and typing away.
Martini on the desk w/ a big stuffed olive

The Johns Hopkins Bluejays staved off ignominy and beat the Mids of Navy 15 - 4.
For 40 minutes , the running time of the first half , I moaned and groaned as the  J s shot 20 times and got 4 goals.
Was Navy going to come back and shove it down our throats. Happened 3 years ago.
No, the boys came out and scored 11 in a row. game saved, future temporarily saved. Loyola and Army left on the sked. Both must be wins and prayer is probably in order.
To quote Nigel Starling in the movie " Ghost and the Darkness "  - ' the struggle is the glory ' and if your a Hop fan, this applies to the last 4 years. I mean the ' struggle ' part.
I'm kind of in touch w/ that quote as well, applied to my whole life.
In ' Happy Days ' the Fonz says to Richie ' nice guys don't finish last but they gotta work their heinnies off to finish 4 th ' . Been there  done that. And I'm not trying to say that I'm a nice guy, either. Just the trying part.

BTW - the verses that I posted last day, feel free to ad lib or add to the lines. The lines are rough and I can not truly say that this is exactly what went through my mind. The stuff you saw was what I remember on waking.
OMG, what runs around in my head overnight.
Do you worry about run-off from your eaves trough ?
Snow melting and causing basement flooding  ?
Rust spots growing on your car ?
Will I ever play guitar ?  ( no, I don't play at all, so how would this matter - I want to play the chords for ' Djobi Djoba ' my fav GK s song - dream on, Shakespeare )

My Bucket List ( things to do before you die )

Feb - May in Balto - one complete season of home games for the Bluejays. Feb is freezing, of course. This one can wait till I'm almost dead. BTW - my record watching  the BJ s 11-5. I remember the losses : 2 to Syracuse ( 2008 NCAA final and 2013 ), 1 Princeton ( freeze-a-rama in Feb , dude )
, 1 Navy ( 2011 Annapolis )  and 1 Maryland ( 2012 ). Hey, think this JHU thing is important , you bet.

Aha , you think , fishing  ??? Catch a 100 lb fish . No
                                                 Catch a 100 fish . No
Why ?

I been so lucky. I've chased 20 lb salmon along the Nottawasaga w/ my brother and landed big salmon on # 6 line. I know when magic happens, been there and done that.







No comments:

Post a Comment