Friday 26 April 2013

The Afterglow

No not sex. But I used  ' aftermath ' a little while back, so what follows is Commentary on the field trip to the dentist.

Good things : Mother was co-operative. The dentist ( the real one not the sub - guy ) picked up his metal instruments , in my head flashes the thought ' you go guy, there's no way '. Well, yes way. Mom opened her mouth, dada, done.

Should we give a quick clean to her teeth, sure ! Self is chuckling, ' this should be good '. so, the cute hygienist baby talks to mom, I walk over to discuss treatment options. Come back in ten minutes and the  hygienist says ' all done '.
If you're counting I am 0 - 2.

We have 4 appointments spread over all of June - so, the future lies before us, unfolding as its want.

I'm a genius ( OK, M is really ). The PSW that normally visits mom on Fri switched her days to come on Thurs.
If you ask me,  can / could I take mom on my own, I'll say ' Yes '  until I see what the PSW can do on the day. No way, Jose, she's a wonder. Mom is waiting in the car outside  " Lets go mom " No its cold there. PSW says " Come on mama " and in we go. Crikey. what power !
M always insist that I take the PSW. See, smart.

Therefore, dentist and back. Like Bilbo, going to the Lonely Mountain.

Bad Things : oops, here. I mentioned that mom would need gassing to do almost anything. I was correct. The dentist tried inserting the mould for dental impression of her teeth , nope. Mom won't let anyone stick in the hockey puck.
So, we start to arrange gassing at an off-site oral surgery. The dentist is going out of his way at this point. After some negotiation, it turns out that I used incorrect nomenclature. Nitrous oxide use, is not gassing and can be done in the dentist's office, right there.
However, mom had had lunch and they couldn't take a chance that the patient will aspirate or vomit. Thus, we're back to an early AM appointment, in about a month ( we'd already set a date for the oral surgery office thing ).

Mom called everyone we met by my name. Male / female  - didn't matter, blonde, young - yep.
All day, she turned and said " Who are you, sir "
Everybody, " It your son "  Mom, " No, its not "

Weatherboy is dressed up pretty good. 44 F, in the shade.
Day is bright and coolish for sure. we are heading for Temps warmer than yesterday and warming for the next three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment