Wednesday 3 July 2013

146

W/ regrets , I failed to say that JU 1 was Canada's 146 th BD. But on reflection , maybe , it was a ' who cares ' kind of thing. Three hundred , would have been the Spartans and 144 were at Bilbo's 111 th BD. 146 , I don't know , it just hangs there.

Movie review : OZ , the Great and Powerful ,  Overall rating VG.
Not the way that I remember it w/ Judy. Entertaining is the key word.  Maybe , the only word that matters.
Slick and quirky are also descriptors.
At Redbox it was $2 but over the holiday they gave 1 extra day. Definitely a .7 out of $1.
Go see it. Oh ,  Amy Adams isn't in the credits for this one either.

Fished for 1 1/2 days w/ former students. They are younger , of course. My face is still glowing from the sun and wind. A and W will have a beer and forget about the strain and pain. I'll be nursing my body for 3 days ( and my spirit , I got out-fished , too ! )
Both are 1/2 my age and a bit. It shows.
Lesson : fish w/ people older than you , so you can feel superior.

Weather was mixed. Definitely sun for 2 days but the threat of rain was never far away although no rain fell til night. The wind was cool , all day yesterday.
To-day , started foggy and dampish but gave way to full sun exposure and I felt better when the guys said it was ' HOT ' , cuz I was melting out there.

All the drugs are gone. to-morrow is dentist day , and I 'll discover if the Driller thinks the infection situation is resolved.

Did I say that Mom's dentures are missing. Right , 6 weeks and       $ 2800 and in five days the upper denture is missing. Go figure. well, she chewed solids for 4 days. Hey , thats only $400 a day. I'm way ahead. 

To the southern contingent '  Happy 4 th of July ' bet its more than 146

No comments:

Post a Comment