Sunday 28 July 2013

R.E.D.

Went to the Redbox. There was no ' Robot and Frank ' , instead I rented Retired. Extremely. Dangerous -' RED '. Stars , everyone - Bruce Willis , John Malkovich , Morgan Freeman ,helen Mirren , Richard Dreyfuss. Mary Louise Parker is the love interest. Yes , I'm in love again. She is so cute.

You get 24 h w/ the rental. I'm watching ' RED ' for the 3 rd time. This run through is w/ the commentary by an ex- CIA type. Normally, you get the director etc , doing the back-slapping routine for everyone including themselves. This CIA dude is truly interesting. A little ego but a lot of hubris.

MLP is so cute

Weather : humidity is there but it is cool out there 65 F , right now.

I'm in charge of dinner to-night and the menu is ribs. Pork back ribs.
The ribs thawed yesterday and are rubbed down w/ soya sauce.
I've decided that I'll no longer fool around w/ different marinades and rubs. I've tried many varieties of treatments for meat.
The basic rule here is soya sauce first and soak the meat in beer. I once thought the beer water logged the meat. But if you smoke the meat , the time will be longer and the smoke does tend to dry out the meat. Thus, a little moisture in the meat is OK.
I own and have owned 3 different models of smoker for meats. Now, its the gas BBQ , heat on the off-side , meat cooks / smokes indirectly , as in an oven.
The experts in books , poo-poo gas BBQ s. They say you can taste the gas or the lack of real wood leaves the meat w/ no flavour.
The charcoal or wood method takes forever. To smoke w/ charcoal , I'd start in the morning at 10 AM , start the fire and smoke a roast from 11 to 4 PM. The temperature has to stay constant , most pros use the 225 F ideal or pretty close.
So , I'm a closet , gas BBQ-er. I still have a tower smoker in the basement. Its got a home down there and it has been left to its own devices.

Report to follow.

So ,the rating on R.E.D. - 0.85 out of a dollar. MLP is 0.99 out of 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment