Sunday 26 January 2014

Americana

Further to the post on ' Nashville 2.0 ' , I went on YouTube for ' the Milk Carton Kids '. Very good listening.
But , of course , I'm way behind the curve. The NPR site ,  ' Little Desk Concerts ' highlights musicians as in tMCKs. I also found the ' Avett Bros ' and ' Dave Rawlings ' - fabulous stuff. So NPR has been doing the new Nashville sound for a while , figures.

Generally , my musical preferences are eclectic or bizarre ( according to M ). However ,I enjoyed that show N2.0. 
I'm going to spend some time doing a survey of the NPR videos from tLD concerts.

Weather turned here. The temperature is in the high 50 s to start the day. More like Fla normal for this latitude. We are just N of the place called Frostproof , thus we can dip down into the high 30's.
even norther of us , the counties have had touches of frost.

' You have drank from the fountain  of innocence
  and experienced the long cold wintry years '

Van the Man , Queen of the Slipstream

P.S. go to YouTube and listen to Sinead O'Connor do ' Sacrifice ' by Elton John , that girl can sing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment