Monday 20 January 2014

Its Nice To Be Right

.... sometimes at least. The guys on the dock , weren't getting much in the way of hits. My interpretation was that , there was a magic 8 minutes when the fish wanted eat to or were able to be tempted.

I went out 3 times for about 45 min each. On the second attempt 2 lizard fish ( notice the correct naming) jumped on the white plastic.Thank you.

Later , around 4:30 , 3 silver trout took the plastique. Yepper , 8 minutes and best of all , I had a witness. doesn't get any better.

The day was sunny but cloudy and for 20 minutes some rain blew through and then it was over. I fished either side of the rain.
We are headed for normal Fla temperatures , here , 70 - 80. Slowly but surely , w/ some cooler moments in between.

I'm swimming in the morning , even when the temperature was 40 - 45 and breezy. The water is pretty much 82 F all the time in this pool. Lucky for me the older folks need the warmer water. So ,even on the colder days its still comfy ( sort of ) in the pool.

Each year , I arrive at the resort , wondering if this is the year that I can't make the swim in the morning. This year especially , I got in a practice swim at the Seneca Allegany pool in Nov. and then again at the Park Inn pool in London , mid December. For once , I knew a month ahead of time that I could swim.

How's it going ? I'm doing the 1/2 hr as in other years. Kinesthetically , all seems well. Although , maybe I'd feel like that even if I was swimming poorly.
My markers for the kinesthetics are breathing and rolling. Breathe control is important for rhythm and ease of moving in the water. The body roll helps in the rhythm thing and raises my mouth above the waterline just enough to breathe but not overly high.
The guiding rule in the pool is ' never up , never down '.

To  wit , if my head comes out too high on breathing then the corresponding effect is for my feet to drop. I 'll correct for this by trying to raise my feet but that results in my head dropping.  I'd be bobbing along - feet / head going opposite.
Thus , roll and keep all arm motion through the bodyline not too far down or high. Although high may be very difficult in the water.

I try to ensure that at all times in the swim that I can make myself breathe on every 4 th stroke. This pattern guarantees that I'm not out of breathe or out of control.

Finally , I swim at least 40 lengths on my back doing backstroke.
I know all weight lifters and regular exercisers go for muscle group balance - stretching and using opposite muscles.
So , I figure some front and back crawl establishes some sort of balance for front and back muscles. I've never read or heard anything about this but it sort of makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment