Saturday 12 July 2014

Quality and a Hodge Podge

... or backlog of random items. Random b/c my mind is random

First , quality. I've been known  to search for bargains , jump at bargains , buy primarily b/c it was a bargain.
Wine gums. The other one , likes Gummy Bears , Ju Jubes and wine gums. Last week ,she picked up wine gums and my eyes popped wide when I saw the price. The brand name was Water-something , imported from England. I've had the odd gum drop etc from her stash but these wine gums were sensational.
How is a wine gum sensational ??? There was no after taste and the flavour was very evident.
So , here's to quality even in wine gums. Hope I learned my lesson. Probably not.

In this sexually equal society , there are many phrases that are deemed politically incorrect re : sexual differences.
I wrote this quote down from my fav book , ' Instrumentalities of the Night '. The scene has Count Raymone Garrete opting to have three priest types flogged instead of killed as per the wishes of an advisor.  The advisor gets a queasy look and is about to say something regarding the flogging , and the Count comes out with " now don't go all woman on me now , I've spared their lives " Terribly sexist , I know but......
I'll leave it there

Weather is now stable and warming w/ rain to come in 2 - 3 days
Overall , the conditions have been moderate so far. Rain has come frequently , but just as frequently we've had comfortable conditions 
Yesterday , was dry w/ a threat of rain , temperature was close to 75 F and sunny for the most part
However, this is T.O. and the summer isn't over yet

We attended a party , last evening , the 25 th wedding anniversary of a couple that I've known since they were in their teens. I played baseball with the husband in the late 70 s and early eighties and still play cards with him.
Good food , great weather ( not hot ) and very casual. Somehow they are people who can set a mood that is relaxed and  homey w / out overdoing it. That's this couple , more specifically the guy b/c he wanted a slight surprise for his wife - inviting family first and then secretly , everyone else.
He ran around organizing the food w/ 3 barbecues going and the guests all pitched in , still the host directed and ran ragged for two hours setting up.
It was worth the effort

Gadgets. I will admit that , in terms of technology , that I'm behind the curve. however , here is a list of gadgets purchased and usage

Night camera - the kind that you use to check what animals wandered by when you're not there. Used 2 X , photographed a cat and a raccoon 

Keychain camera ( I'm sensing a trend here ) - matchbook sized and USB capable. Unused as yet

Yepper , a camera that - goes behind walls etc to show you whats there. Its on a flexible neck. I use it once but only found  a gum wrapper behind a dresser.

2 pair of video goggles for taking videos as you watch a scene.
One cost $ 50 and the other $ 60. Used a lot - fishing , in England , at a retirement party etc.
Oh and occasionally , I use Skype - does this count ?????







No comments:

Post a Comment