Thursday 31 July 2014

Better Than Poison.....

..... so much stronger than glue '
by Dr Buzzard's Original Savannah Band

A visit to the After Hrs Clinic at the Rouge Valley Health Centre
and a harried doc produced a script for Prednisone ( steroid pills ) and Betaderm cream ( double the strength of previous bottle )

Evening wasn't so great. This morning , however , itch is down to slight tingling and minor irritation on rubbing
3 days of the heavy drug and 5 days of the cream
Best that I've felt in 5 days

While waiting in the exam room , both the doc and receptionist came in , looking for a throat culture sample container. We looked around and Nada.
Then as I was glancing around , I thought I saw a tube. Yep , the missing tube. No label and the receptionist says ' well if we don't find another , I'll send this one '
Yikes , Batman - poor sod in front of me , gets no name medicine

The Prednisone comes w/ all sorts of warnings : may cause stomach upset , bloating , water retention and dizziness
Yepper , glad to be taking this puppy

Weather : warm going warmer and humidity and stickiness about to happen

We are about to have me change insurance carriers for extended health care , semi-private coverage ( basic is free ) and dental.
Up til now , I've used my previous employer's benefits at cost.
Soon , b/c of age , I'll need to find another carrier. Since M switched a year ago and her coverage includes trip cancellation and interruption coverage , I'm going to change now.
Our basic coverage when out of province is approx $ 400 a day for hospital bed. Peanuts when we travel in the U.S. and we do seem to be visiting way more , lately.


No comments:

Post a Comment