Friday 19 December 2014

Have You Seen....

... the _____bird - is a line from a poem or something , not me

In Vegas ,we saw Orientals using ' selfie ' sticks. Extension poles that allow the user to get a selfie w/ the background.

I'm in love,  again. Yes , another one.   
A new character this year in the series ' Elementary ' is , Kitty Winter. KW is Sherlock's protege from England. Sullen , less than sympatico at the beginning , KW is evolving into a foil for Watson and a further conscious for Sherlock
she is elfin and very co ordinated , supple. And really cute , of course.
I Googled her and found the headings ' Who the heck is Kitty Winter ? '  Not just me  Her name is Ophelia Lovibond
Is there a Kitty Winter in Arthur Conan Doyle's writing ? Yes , I know the name , except I thought that she was client of SH.

Blogging is good for me. I knew that. The outside re - inforcement of that knowledge was enlightening.

Weather : Cold - 24 F on the back deck.The air is still.    Rain / snow ? Can't tell , there was bright blue out there , earlier.

A reviewer on the CBC , this morning , analyzed the latest ' Hobbit ' installment and LOTR as a whole. Her take , a whole new world got created. The story line is stretched and pulled.... really stretched.
I know the material. I've read better than 70 % of Tolkien - alia.
  I've found the alterations in story line and content - disquieting.

But for years , I waited for something better than the cartoon - anime or whatever its called , movies ... til the Peter Jackson genre began.
In other words , I got what I wanted.... ahem . what you want.
What is that saying.......
In honesty , I can take you back , to 1998 ( first installment of LOTR ? ). I told people the first scene of Gandalf riding his cart over the bridge into Hobbiton was the vision that I'd been wanting.
I could imagine battles and chases but the village... the way PJ envisioned the Shire.. a revelation
And the Elves in battle , never described or mentioned in the Tolkien writings except tangentially in the appendices. So crucial to the way that I see the ' creation called Middle Earth... via Tolkien and especially now Peter Jackson '.



No comments:

Post a Comment