Monday 29 December 2014

Trivial Trivia

Both the Hobbit / LOTR and Harry Pitiful , have set records for franchise gross sales.
To -day is H day , with ' explode - a - sound ' stereo and 3D glasses
Usually , I take off the glasses for bits and pieces to reduce the chance of nausea. Really not in to 3D

Weather : turned on us - temperatures fell below zero w/ a real bite to the air. A little breeze and blankets of cold air N of us , about 80 miles away

To -day is return day. M goes to Winners / Marshalls and I go to Home Depot - a very unusual situation that both of us return stuff

I took a real flyer and bought clothes - and struck out on both items
One was size and the other was look.  Oops !

We are busy planning a trip to England. My goal is pick a place and stay - no schlepping luggage all over the UK. We've probably settled on Bath , Somerset. Bath is Georgian , bombed a little in WWII but restored and kept to the style. And yes , Bath is baths , thermal pools etc , still working.
And on to Cornwall , far south and west , to a town called Newquay. we will radiate out on day trips to all the famous places 
- Land's End , Penzance etc. or maybe not , depending.

To get in the mood , I'm drinking or using ' Pimm's #1 '. A liqueur thingie , on a par w/ Angostura bitters plus alcohol , herbs and sweetners. Typically , a Pimms is chased w/ lemonade or ginger ale. I'm using a bit of sugar in water , squeezes of lemon , and Pimms over ice. A cocktail , low alcohol version.

The weight battle - over the ' bad week ' , dinner out and 2 Xmas dinners plus nuts and crap - I was up a pound.
I've set a record w/ 16 straight days of exercise. I figured on combatting over -eating before it started.
I normally , think in terms of 4 days on and 1 off. But I changed routines a touch and eased off on the elliptical ( lower and slower ). The knee has held up - very little icing and heating.
 My instructions 15 - 18 yrs ago was movement ( elliptical preferred ) and back off - speed or length of time as needed.

In 2003 , I bought the elliptical , set a routine and a target of 2018 
to be using the same routine. The emphasis was cardio and strength conditioning. Has it worked ??? dunno - what would I compare to ???? Thus , I keep trudging on  and on and on...............................

Wear a scarf - the goal , keep the wind off your back and neck , that my theory on comfort

No comments:

Post a Comment