Saturday 6 December 2014

We Went to Vegas

and didn't lose our shirts .... we broke even gambling
Thus , food , air and rooms added up to $700 for the week Mon to Fri

We both admitted that this was not the same as other LV trips.
We both had gambling over - load after being trapped in S. N.Y.
two weeks ago.
I don't think that we are real gamblers

Things that I learned  a) craps is gambling   b) its an interesting world out there   c) stay home

What you needed to hear from a world traveller ? I know

Flying home , yesterday and it was fast - they fed us , I watched most of  " How to Train Your Dragon 2 "  and " Maze Runner " and bingo bango , Toronto.           I kept saying           " and you do this because ???? "
Such a wimp

Vegas. We had three days of overcast and spit w/ drizzle thrown in
Damp air and Xmas decorations everywhere.
Food is expensive in Vegas. You get a lot on your plate but the meals are usually $ 14. I suppose splitting is the best policy and we did on ' take out ' food. At the restaurant , harder to do.

We didn't take the baby laptop and that worked out b/c it is a pain hauling that thing through the airports for internet ( primarily ) use.
We used our iphones for messages ,maybe twice. I haven't figured out how to do searches w/ the iphone except w/ Siri.
So , no blogs..... ha , you got a rest from reading.

Nexus , the fast pass , worked out great. Except that I , apparently , missed the part about food. You must declare food that you are carrying.
You go to this automatic kiosk - read the questions and then answer.
You meet a customs guy - and I say " we are Nexus travellers money under 10 ,000 dollars , clothes and snack bars "
The customs guy says " you didn't declare the snack bars at the machine " Hands me a page which says somewhere , that you must declare food items. But I swear . it is not one of the qualifying statements on the machine. anyway , I got a warning.
And to top it all off , coming home - the machine was only interested in ' Ebola ' - contacts and travel to and from Ebola prone countries.
Criminy !

Have a good one

We are recuperating to -day and this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment