Saturday 3 January 2015

If You want to be.......

.... happy for the rest of your life

Well, I'm thinking short term , always good to set a window.
For the QMH , I said if I can get 10 yrs of enjoyment out of the cottage , it would have been worth it.

I thought about happy , then decided that contented is the real issue for me. This , as you can gather is not a natural state for me. Really , not natural. 
I consulted the I Ching , the age old system of divination. The history of I Ching goes back to seers using reed sticks to seek a pattern and predict the future. In  a great bout of wisdom they went to cubes or coins. Toss the coins , say , 6 times and note the pattern.

A monarch of those latter times , set the patterns in a book , the judgments of King Wen. Following this , the Duke of Chou rephrased or condensed the judgments. Duke Chou failed to make the predictions clearer. go figure

On line , a fan of Douglas Adams , author of the Dirk Gently series , created the I Ching calculator.
 "The I Ching calculator was plastic , much like a cell phone w/ a numeric key pad , arithmatical buttons and such , plus a  'red  ' key
which was green. Obviously , a knock off by some some Asian country busily doing to Japan what Japan was doing to the world.
Glue technology had not kept pace with the technical advances of the calculator b/c cellotape helped to hold the I Ching calculator to - gether. " I faked this part  but its pretty much what the book said.

The on line version is a graphic and exact in appearance to the description above. And true to form , on hitting the green ' red ' button the I Ching calculator displays a prediction on the screen.

Thus , I asked ' can I learn to be content ? or satisfied w/ my life ? '

Here is the reply

The Judgment of King Wen :
KEN
----                   52. Meditation 
-  -                   A Meditative Condition Is Obtained By Calming Of
-  -                    The Body And The Mind. If Movement Think      KEN                Polarizes , Allowed General Radiation , To Enter
----                    Your Life , And Makes Cosmic Law More Clearly.
-  -                     If Thinks Are Still , The I Quiets Manufacture By 
-  -                     Him / It More Easily , To Harmonize With Other.

If Your Ability Think Strengthens , To Concentrate , Whereupon Is
Relevant , So Makes Fewer Errors

The Commentary of the Duke of Chou
Line 4 : Case You Are Capable , To Quiet Your Thinks , And Will
Strengthen Itself , Will Be Lucky You.
Line 6: Your Ability , To Attain Calm , And Delivery To Lives Will Bring You Peace and Luck. 
Note , the term line refers to the 6 lines above left. KEN is one of the 64 combinations possible

According to the rules , you must ponder the judgment and apply the words to your problem.
The Chinese won a lot wars and lost a lot of wars ... and I think that I know why , do you ?

And , incredibly , the judgment does pertain or address my question

And just as likely , any other ten questions that you might ask
Ask the Ouija and you get a Ouija answer.

Weather : Cold but not frigid. Snow , ice , wet are on the way.
the temperature to -morrow , might be 40 +. Crap is coming down

The U.S. is running out of babies or births. In 2025 , the non Hispanic white population will be in the minority.

If Movement Think Polarizes - 

to you to

No comments:

Post a Comment