Tuesday 20 January 2015

Tale of a Phone

The name is TracFone , as in sold in every chain store in the U.S.
After an initial purchase of a cell phone ( theirs ) for $ 19.95 or $ 15 as we did two weeks ago. You can have a cell phone in the U.S. for $8 and change a month , or less
Why less ? The $ 8 is for my phone , $100 a year for a gazillion minutes ( 1900 in my case ). M's new phone was charged w/ a card that promised $20 for 3 months and double the minutes , 300.
Well ,on signing up on line , the screen lights up and ' you have 300 minutes and an expiry of 7/6 , 2015. We haven't figured out if thats JN or JL , no matter its 6 months. And the cost is $3 a month
Both phones have texting ,voice mail and internet - email as well.

I took a picture w/ the phone - the friend wanted the photo.
So , last night 1 h and 40 min later and down 12 minutes in air time. - please register your account
- that information is not available at this time
- we will send you a confirmation address , copy to your send line      and establish an account
- I'm typing on an alphabetic key pad , trying to add numbers and symbols
- OK , seems to be an address and account
 I sent the photo ( fish , natch  )

Nope ! I can send email messages but not photos
Then this morning , playing around a chooser bar ops open , ' text , email , phone '
What the hey , hit phone number and an email address of mine is there ' SEND ' 
Yep , you got it
I can send a photo from the phone to a gmail account.
The rub !! 3 x more costly that email account to email account
I'm eating up those 1500 minutes now
BTW , the expiry is April something 2015
burn baby burn

Frustration galore 
but SUCCESS
I'm a hero
I'm an idiot savant
I can make a TracFone work
Bring on the world , boys !!!

And I'm writing a sword / fantasy novella
Novella means that I haven't the skill or patience or write a novel
I dreamt the beginning and now its going on.
I was awake in the early hours for 3 mornings w/ the outline running through my head
The problem is -- it sounded way better in my head , than on the screen ( MicrosoftWord Starter )
I'll put it up to -morrow
I was going to write it out in the blog
Then I took pity on you
Like watching paint dry or get applied

Weather : sunny w/ patchy cloud to full cloud cover
warmish w/ a stiff breeze at times

Don't roll over for your phone
Fight it

No comments:

Post a Comment