Tuesday 8 December 2015

Big Topics

We will tackle some " humungoes " issues. 

On the buds , BBC ran an op - ed piece that ' Humans do Not Learn from their Mistakes '

Global warming and the resultant climate change

and do these 2 go to - gether

#1 Mistakes. the lead in was a story of a bank that decided that errors were human and vilifying employees created a climate of fear.  The presenter Lucy ................ , then went on to point out that she still buys shoes that pinch and probably would go on buying pretty shoes that don't quite fit.
Her second choice was ' men ' marrying the same kind of woman and divorcing
In this comparison , it seems women are coming off rather well.
Further , she used research w/ chimpanzees which showed that the greatest chimpanzee learning came w/ rewards not failures.
In all this ( and its 6:30 A again and I'm up ) , I'm royally screwed.
I've been using the phrase ' a work in progress ' in my head to describe me. Holey kamoley Batman etc ,    etc  , etc ( paraphrasing Yul B in the  ' King and I ' ).
What ?  I'm going to keep making those same mistakes ?

#2 Global warming.  The big muck- e - mucks are deciding if the world's governments can agree to do something. Seems to me that every time humans do something - it turns out bad for the planet.
so , I'm thinking do nothing.
However , I think that means - stop development. No panty waist
 ,a little here , a little there.
Admit we were wrong , so far , and stop. 
Ah , I know ! the term is ' re - trenching '. Normally ,business uses this re - trenching to explain why the company is firing 30 % of the staff.
and truth be told , this ' stop development ' will be worse than 30 %

See , the two topics seem to mesh slightly.

And , I didn't want to start w/ this - has Facebook adversely affected this blog.
Are blog entries shorter or less pithy
Do you fall asleep more quickly now when you read this stuff.
Well , for sure , I'm not falling asleep quickly or at least not staying asleep

Well ,I'm back to making the same mistakes
Which proves , I'm human
Un - vilified
Un - rewarded

Slarty Bartfast in the ' Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe ' says overall I'd rather be happy than right '
Arthur Dent asks " And how's that going ? "
SB : ' ah that's where it all seems to fall apart '

falling apart in Scarberia

yours truly

No comments:

Post a Comment