Saturday 12 December 2015

Surfing the YouTube

The origin of surfing YouTube , music esp , was to create the personal Top 100 songs.
I actually , started the list way back , say 2005 , while driving home from the U.S.
A character in a detective novel received a gift certificate for i Tunes, he decided to do his Top 100. Lucas had a bunch of Beatles songs and rock groups.
My list started w/
" a Town Called Malice " by JAM , used in the film , ' Billy Elliot '
Since then the list has grown , considerably. The latest entry # ___
is ' the Moon is a Harsh Mistress ' sung by Linda Ronstadt , written by Jimmy Webb. How many ? You see............................
Eventually , you've figured out , I'm supposed to join i Tunes or a similar service and download the songs.
Well ,cheap me , said , ' keep surfing Youtube ' to play your Top 100. 
I think your supposed to have songs on your phone. Then you listen on the subway or at the Drs office or walking on the street.
I think.... No / Yes

Weather : dreary out there and we are above normal , way above but cooling to almost seasonal in 4 days.

The social scene. This week , I met w/ former students , twice at the same restaurant , a sushi place. Their work history includes ' a top bank ' sending this message " we will , of course , pay for your hotel stay or if you prefer your present apartment "
Come on. Never , in my life has that happened. the girl ( lady now, I still think of them as 18 or something ) , shrugs when I ask her to repeat the hotel bit. ???????????????   I'm too old or too ........... 
anyway , she's well paid........... I figured that part out on my own


No comments:

Post a Comment