Sunday 3 October 2021

Advice

 from 2 years ago, suggestd more pictures or graphics. I'm guessing that other sites or blogs do this.

Of course, occassionally, there will be a picture. However, the blog never was going to be popular. For instance, I didn't know that              ' blogspot ' is difficult to find and thus individual blogs are difficult to find. As well, once, I was able to jump ahead or over to other blogspot sites. I can't seem to do that anymore.

Anyhoo, couldn't sleep after 4:30 AM. I went for coffee < like that will make you sleep ! > and watched ' StarTrek : Enterprise ' in season 2 , ep 28 or so. 

As well, I spent the mid afternoon, re - creating the wheel. My term, for retrofitting items for my needs. The cheapie BBQ came w/ a flavor bar or shield - it is lousy at its job. Thus, a few weeks ago, I bought a slotted tray and ceramic briquets < heat retainers > and swapped out the flavour bar for heat / flavour briquets. Unfortunately, the supports had to be bricks < real brick pieces > Very clumsy and also blocked air flow. I tried to find a BBQ grid that would support the briquets. Not that easy < one for $ 20 was too large - cut it to size ? >.

I maintain a supply of left over - well actually eveything. I found a grating from an oven < ? > that was 2 inches too wide. Yes, I cut the grate to size. I used wire strands from a lawn sign and spanned the BBQ. The grate sits on top < oh, one brick to prop up the front edge, can't get away from those bricks > I replaced the briquets on their new home. Fired up the BBQ and heat tested the grate.

The final proof was cooking hotdogs for dinner. The result was OK. I think the briquets work and work better w/ the cut to measure grate.

Thus, my investment for a new flavour system is $ 10. We shall see said the Zen Master

No comments:

Post a Comment