Monday 18 October 2021

' Waking in the Dark

 and it s getting easier - sun is late rising nowadays < 7:35 AM >

The long range forecast courtesy of Brett Anderson at Accuweather

OC - 13 to 19 warm and dry for Grt Lks Basin

OC 20 to 26 mild

This pattern is due to a high pressure ridge over Hudson Bay

Ah but the Stratos 176, my bassboat, comes out of the water for winter, this week

Anecdote: When I first met M, she discovered that I fish, alot. My father belonged to the Anglers Club affiliated w/ our ethnic heritage.
I asked M to the Annual Xmas party < b/c we are devout Buddhists > and upon arrival a trio of ladies popped over, starting w/ ' Hi, you must be M. Larry s gf '
Chit chat and I heard ' Well, the boys must be getting ready for ice fishing, changing euqipment, my guy is  '
Proudly, I heard M reply ' No, they stop fishing in Nov '
Reply : ' better keep that one, he's sane '

And nothing has changed fall fishing over, time to relax. To be fair, I have been fishing in JA and FE down south. Not last year but usually.

This afternoon, it was repair the dressing table drawers. The inside of drawer sliders are anchored by plastic end pieces that attach to the backboard and hold the rails for the drawers.

These plastic end pieces have been breaking apart for 32 yrs. We bought the pine bedroom set prior to our wedding. Approximately, a year or so later the first plastic bit snapped and the drawer sagged. We are talking 13 drawers total. Following yrs saw more give out. In fact, one year < say yr 4 > the company gave us a bag of plastic bits that lasted some time. Well, 3 sagging drawers needed repair and the bag was empty. The plastic bits are hard to find in hardware stores.

Thus, it was trial and error .... and error .... and error. 4 hrs later and much griping, the job got done. I checked and saw 1 drawer w/ the original plastic still working. Everywhere else is jury rigged or replacement plastic end bits

No comments:

Post a Comment