Wednesday 6 October 2021

Excuses, excuses

Oh, you're a fisherman too ! Lets see : wind from the wrong direction, water is too high, fish are stupid

 Okay. That was yesterday. I don't fish all day. Morning fish, afternoon is rest and fiddle. You know about the  morning. I caught 5 fish off the dock after bringing up the boat. Yeah.
But the trolley worked and the boat ran fine. No lotto boat launch, yesterday.

Lunch was basically homemade soup and instant noodles thrown in. Very tasty. I watched 2 crap videos < parts of each > fell asleep. I woke and decided to do some housekeeping w/ the boat.

I'd noticed the grease gun in  the boathouse and found a tube of lithium grease. I'd been meaning to grease the steering linakge. I took the grease tube down to the boathouse. I hadn't used the grease gun in a while. However, the instruction are on the tube.
EXCEPT that they did not warn you that its easy to mis - screw on the housing. I did. 
There I am - two handfuls of lube like eggs in my two hands. Nowhere to put the stuff except on a bolt thread < yeah >. Finally, I found the way to do it right. There was only enough for one side. I carried three rags of grease upstairs.
BTW, the wind died in the afternoon. A lovely sunny day emerged. No, not even tempted to go out. I used the time to chill.
Drove home.

How was your day. In truth, a very relaxing day but no fish.

" Welcome to my morning, Welcome to my day " John Denver.

Today, I'm baking ' more apples than dough ' cake. Supposedly, you want the apples not necessarily the cake part. The method is one bowl that you add eggs, sugar and milk then add the flour < bit wise > and blend. Baking powder and apples follow.

We shall see said the Zen Master - after 1 hr and cool that is

No comments:

Post a Comment