Monday 1 November 2021

A Box of Not Claimed

 candy. Yepper, 20 - 30 kidddies came to the door last night. Let s see that leaves 90 or so candy bars.    Ugh ! A few OK but ninety ......

So, November weather arrives which means cooler and wetter. In Svalbard < I watch Cecilia s posts from the island on the edge of the Arctic Circle > last night was the last sunset for 4 months. TG, we'll still see sunsets etc.  Correction that should read 4 months a bit

The sun decided to do a full show. Almost makes you want to venture outside. 

I tell this story quite often BUT tough you're stuck w/ me

My first couple of years teaching, I was scheduled for Grade 9 Science. On Halloween day, the students asked ' are you giving out candy ? '

Me: I won't be home so I'll leave out a bowl w/ the candy. You'd only take one, right?

Class : yes

Later, as the group was leaving, a girl from the back stopped and said

Girl : Sir, you shouldn't leave out the bowl. I'd grab as many as I could, honest

Yepper, 47 yrs later and that memory remains. Likely why, I stuck it out reaching.

Since the workers left the interlock blocks, I decided to use them. Yaears ago, I used a cheapie garden hose and created a border around the stand of silverleaf dogwoods and pine that marks the property line as distinguished from the table land belonging to the park. I trimmed the outline w/ limestone < white on green garden hose > for an embroidered effect.
That look has disppeared but not the garden hose, now, much worse for wear. I took the different blocks and created a stone edging. As I worked, I kept saying ' looks like a dog's breakfast '. However, M got home and said ' amazing what a great effect ' < later when she s had a chance to think it over, I'll ask again >.
I admit from up top here in the living room that you can't see the dog   < kidding Looks quite striking !> BUT I am sore. They were only interlock but I guess 200 blocks is 200 blocks. As well, I started building the Berlin Wall at the edge of the property. I've never had a wall that we could shine a Xmas light effect on < that you can see from our living room > Maybe, this year !

AGAIN. I find the attached keyboard of the Duet laptop - a real pain. I switched to the plugin keyboard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment