Wednesday 8 June 2022

A Fishing Run

 up to the Q'

Weather co operated and thats it.

Thus, I go down the 60 steps to the water. Lovely scenery and ... a 12 ft log or loggy branch lies over the marine rails. The wood is water logged and floating low.
Solution. Back up the steps and grab the chest waders. Back down. Waders on - I moved the log off the rail and shove the wood to the side

While, I'm dressed for it, I figured that I'd check the rails and in fact, braced the pylons to make the rails more even. Good

Okey dokey. I start by taking the tarp off the boat. I'd noticed earlier in the year that the linkage for steering the motor was dry looking. I squeezed some grease into the linkage. While looking, I operated the engine lift mechanism and it was noisy - greased that as well.

The boat is loaded and rolling down the rails. No problem. I have the boat floating at the dock ........
Did I put the plug in ?????? Ooh ! not really. Yes, boat comes back up and the plug gets put in. Dum Dum !!!
Finally, ready to head out. Very quiet out there, maybe 3 boats in mile or so, in view.
One small bass and some tiddlers. But a peaceful day.

You have to make choices - we know that. The grass around the boathouse was a foot and half high. I thought ' trim the grass, now and it won't be thigh high next week. Well, the waders were down there, so, I put the waders on and trimmed the grass down. 
Waders ? I've used the trimmer before on thick, long grass and brush. I pay for it w/ itchy skin and sneezing.
Well. No problem. Sweaty. But no allergy symptoms

That was my fishing day. Oh, and I vacuumed the living room rug. The rug needed a go over b/c it hadn't been cleaned since the power outage up there -two seeks ago. A good deed, indeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment