Monday 27 June 2022

When you can't [ explain ] facts

properly.

I bought 100 shares of a Bank C. I began a Dividend Re - Investment Plan. Thus, over the years, the stock paid dividends and the trust re - purchased shares of Bank C.
This past month, the Bank C shares,  split 2 for 1. Aha, I hold the paper certificate. Question : how do I get the split 100 shares !

Then my banking rep started to ask ' where do your dividends go '

Eek ! Except. That finally, the Trust Co, lady rep explained the set up to me. All is good.

I'm not an idiot [ really slow ] but not an idiot.
Now, the hard part was trying to explain what I meant. At first, I didn't know the terms. I finally, caught on. Slowly.

On Thurs, we go in to see the rep and hopefully settle the situation. Which turns out was actually alright, w/ one problem. The shares aren't in an account anywhere [ safe ]. Thurs, the shares will be moved to an account, where the shares will be accounted for.

No comments:

Post a Comment