Tuesday 7 June 2022

' In Inclement Weather

the people are fay
ten thousand years stories
as the night fades away '    from Giant by Stan Rogers 

Stan Rogers was a Canadian folksinger. He died in a plane crash [?] and way too young. He sang about Canada and performed in his homeland almost exclusively [ I think }

Stan Rogers is part of the running joke in our house. W/ the tendency to play Canadian music, we say that CBC has poor taste in music [ for us ]
however, I heard Stan Rogers and sent away [ yes, I wrote to Stan's mother to order his CD ]. And subsequently, I could buy his music commercially. M is not fond of Stan Rogers [ too folky for her ]

Recently, Stephen Colbert was asking then guest Michael Buble about Stan Rogers and sea shanties. They ended up singing ' Barrett's Privateers '

Rain is thrumming !

Two stories :

1. My android phone alarm sound wasn't working only to discover that YouTube [ called media on the phone ] had no sound either. I struggled through resets of the clock app, and the sound system. Nope. I tried different fixes from the Google advisor - no luck. This work took place over two days. Well, my cousin- in - law out of New Mexico dropped by. I said ' can you make my alarm sound '. I handed her the phone. Right back at me ' you had do not disturb ' ON ' - really ???? Crikey.

I had seen that option and turned it ' on then off ' but no joy. Now, you realize that it was ' on ' but I turned it off and then ' on ' once again.
Truly a ' DUH ' moment.

2. A simple chore for today. Job 1 .... clean the lint out of the dryer exhaust system. Remove the back panel and withdraw the actual sleeve that connects the drum chamber to the outlet for exhaust air. 
History. 5 years ago, after watching a YouTube video in which a presenter takes out a ball of lint, close to a baby kitten in size. My lint ball was surrounding the channel but not blocking the tube. Say, half a baby kitten.
I wrote a reminder to clean the sleeve again.
All goes well. There are a few scraps of lint in the sleeve and I vacuumed everywhere that I saw fluff.
Alright, put it all back. Sleeve is in place, drop the first screw into the drum chamber. Fished the screw out w/ a magnet [ 5 minutes ].
Drop the screw again - yup, same screw. But its not there in the chamber [ I guess ].  Searched w/ a magnet. Shook the dryer. Searched again. This time its 1/2 h of looking. I opt for a replacement screw or a close match [ 5 minutes }

I call for help to hold the parts in place. Re - assemble the back, only to find that I left a screw in the machine housing  - so it wouldn't get lost. Yep, off comes the back and loosen the screw.  Finally, the back goes on.

You can guess the rest. Move the dryer back into place and KICK the missing screw. Obviously, under the machine. BUT I find 2 screws !!
So, we'll wait for the machine to ' clank ' or rattle and then put the right screw in place.

Ah !!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment