Wednesday 15 June 2022

The Ides of June

A downpour in T.O. for 10 minutes BUT gutters spilled over and my wildflowers drowned in the overflow. Hope they are as tough as boots

Just pummeled really.

Now, come hot and humid for 2 days.

Alright. The day after, reckoning. Still tired out or run out or out. I'm physically wrung. Now, it was hot and even w/ the breeze down by the water, hard work.

I used a Dirt Devil ' rug and carpet ' spot remover machine. Not meant for whole carpets but it was the boat carpet - all weather deck carpet. So, a lot of area for a ' spot' treater. BUT the Devil comes w/ a scrubber and vacuum for liquid ' suck up '. Sort of ' 2in one ' duty. And, I used ' Dawn ' dishwashing liquid as the detergent. You use Dawn for ' all the cleaning '
Tiles, floors and ALL washing jobs -DAWN. " Delta Dawn " whats that stain that you got on "
Paraphrased from the song

As well, I left the truck out for a rinse. I went out after the rain and soaped the dirty spots and rinsed the soap off. Actually, not a bad job, considering....
We cheated for dinner and ordered Harvey s burgers. Harvey  s is a primarily Cdn company owned by a conglomerate Cara Foods. I was sent an email coupon. 2 burgers, 2 fries and drinks for $ 15 and change

And we loved it ! 

We imported help for seeding from Whitby [ Margaret s friend A. volunteers each year to garden a touch. Her expertise is in borders and she puts in Alyssum for us. I garden w/ a chainsaw or huge loppers. A sort of large effort type of gardening.
I am ratheer good at ' large effort ' gardening. And the bushes pay the price. And I use a swedesaw or bucksaw, too.




No comments:

Post a Comment