Friday 20 January 2023

๐Ÿ”ฐ signalling Beginners

๐Ÿ”ฐ this emoji is the Japanese symbol for beginners

Sleep was OK. Up around 3:30AM then dropped off.
Coffee in hand. Sort of awake. I'm moving. 
Typing.

And very apropos of the emoji for the day. A whim [ b/c I can't remember the prompt ] got me to view ' Linux in 100 seconds '
If you will, Linux is an open source code system for using a computer.

Linux uses basic commands to operate like Windows or Chrome OS. Instead of hitting an icon, you type in commands such as ' ~cd '. Naturally every stroke has a function. Alright, why are you getting this intro ? 

Well, like all entries in this space, this intro is for me. I'm typing out my thoughts [ ideas ]. I did convert the old, very old, now eMachine to linux and ubuntu.
However, progressed to step 1. Or step 1/2. As mentioned, why now, why today ? Dunno. Would love to recall what got me started again.

Thus, why learn or go to Linux. Linux has no advertising and no one tracks Linux use. No viruses [ yet ] and malware would be a joke. In essence, you'd be creating malware for 0.001 % of all users. And the users would go back to ' kernel ' or  base command and ' Start Again '.

The intersting part is that many Linux users, do exactly that quite often. Kinda rebuild ' it better '.
Stay tuned for how I got to step 2 in Linux - Ubuntu


No comments:

Post a Comment