Tuesday 3 October 2023

πŸ—Ί as the world unfolds

 πŸ—Ί and it will

on the bottle of Drumshanbo, Irish Gunpowder Gin is the signature :

' from the curious mind of J P Rigney '


the logo for Gunpowder is the " jackalope "
rarely seen in Ireland [ or anywhere else ]
you can guess that Gunpowder Gin is a botanical flavoured gin. The trademark essence is Gunpowder tea.
Should you try, Irish Gunpowder Gin , well, maybe for the bottle. 
or because you are curious

actually, warm and humid yesterday, 

No grass yet.

the story.
I am allergic to plants especially grasses in fall and the marigold family. No, this is not official from the Doc. Yes, it is a plant allergic reaction but the culprit ? 

My former family doctor said that unless the rash becomes uncontrollable - do not undergo the skin prick test battery.
Thus, I self treat and medicate. 

Why am I typing this blurb ? 
Because I am hoping that seeing it in print or saying to the ether will remind me of ....
1. When I see the little pimple on my wrist or arm [ yes it always starts this way ] take an antihistamine. Which I did this time  ..... except a day after the pimple appeared. No dummy, right away next time. 
2. Use the betaderm cream from the get go. I put on Benadryl which stops the sting and burn BUT I need the Betaderm.
You can get Betaderm over the counter,    however,    this prescription is ' undiluted ' Betaderm.
In fact, you need to limit the amount that you use or you can get a reaction to the Betaderm.
Thus, four days later and the rash is under control ... but it could have been sooner if I followed the intrutctions above

Actually, it was M ... who said ' put on that cream ' when she saw me uncomfortable

Duh !!!!! you're right. Stupid, stupid ..... stupid.

Plus, I am supposed to wear long sleeve shirts when I go out to work around the house.
YES !!!!! I remember reaching down five days ago,  in the wildflowers w/ short sleeves [  Argggh ....       Arghh --     Dumb , Dumb !!!!! ] 
Will he ever learn ????????

Alright. The combination of Betaderm and Cetrizine Hydrochloride has tamed the rash after 4 days.

In fact, there was a thought that before going to the Q', take an antihistamine b/c often I react to insect bites and plant pollen up there.

Really, I believe that I am ' allergic to being allergic ' 

from this morning, I have had the suspicion that the bare topsoil looks different. After peering closely, there are tiny needles poking up. Yepper, I am growing grass. In little bunches, not all over, in several   places 

No comments:

Post a Comment