Sunday 1 October 2023

πŸ’Ώ ... I am the eye in the sky

 πŸ’Ώ  ... looking at you

or the One Eye of Mordor, never blinking [ where the Shadows lie ] ala LOTR

thus, Octobrus primus [ almost Latin ]

another in a string of light, doable days

The story. Around 2 weeks ago in the midst of my ' Outboard won't start ' worries. E .. a fishing friend said ' my uncle, a Toyota mechanic tinkers and can fix outboard motors ' I waited, And Saturday afternoon, I get a call.
Turns out that the Uncle is staying at a cottage 30 minutes from the Q'.
We arranged to pick him up Sunday.

Turns out its a group outing. Uncle and best friend both decide to come. We drove separately. These dudes bring their own tools.

Uncle Peter begins troubleshooting and compliments me on having an up to date multimeter [ electrical testing machine ].

After some false starts [ really ! ] the process centres on the starter motor. Uncle assures us that E .. and I can replace the starter ourselves. [big guffaw here ]. As a back up, Uncle says if there is a problem then he can pop over in two weeks.

What a genuinely helpful guy.

Starter motor. Cost approx $ 600 or in boater language ' Bring Out Another Thousand ' B.O.A.T. !




No comments:

Post a Comment