Friday 13 October 2023

🌲🌲🌲 trees are green

 🌲🌲🌲 and soon
the symbol of yuletide

and Christmas

a cool fine day is due

yesterday, I ripped out the weather stripping on the front door
E Z peasy
but this weather stripping is ' kerfed ' or cursed
depending
there is a groove to accept a plastic edge of a weather stripping piece
on the door frame

and yes, a special ribbed edge goes into the groove

why and why not
shoppping on line

why not - you don't get to see the product in 3 D
                you wonder will it fit

why      - cheaper by far

to wit. yes, after drivng to HomeDepot - searching - coming home
then on line at Canadian Tire - followed by a road trip

thus. started at 8:10 AM finished at 9:50 AM and bought 1 piece 7 ft of kerf weather stripping for $ 19.
BTW, Amazon would have been $ 23 for 20 ft
but delivery is next weekend

Yick - a - roo. Bite the bullet, amigo !

installation was up and down
some bits slid in
some bits are still working their way in [ Ihope ]. 
overall, the fit is really tight as the door closes
I'm worried that the extra force might strain the hinges 
I'm expecting that there will be compression or adjustment.
in the back of my mind is a surgical procdure - yeah, snip away a little bit material
I want to wait b/c if it does compress and I've cut some material away, then I might lose some insulation [ b/c of gaps ]

as well, I started a clean up of topsoil. A wheelbarrow of extra soil needed relocation, to the backyard. And while I was fussing around, I decided the long hose [ reaches all the new grass areas ] should be brought in



No comments:

Post a Comment