Monday 24 March 2014

Can't Win them All

Cute

JHU lost in double OT to Va.  Oops !

Arsenal of the EPL was drubbed 6 - 0 by Chelsea

I have been happier

DAS BOOT ( German U - Boat film )

Up-sale : definition ,  a perk for buying an item
At our local ( which isn't b/c its 4 miles away ) Tara Inn , Steve the manager meets us outside , while he smokes.
" Have I got an up-sale for you " Up - sale  ?????
So, buy a glass boot w/ the ' Steam Whistle ' logo filled w/ SW and you keep the boot. The boot holds a pitcher of beer.
He brings the boot - and says ' I may have slipped up and filled it past the full mark '.
" You're not driving says the Boss "
Oops ! 32 oz ( and a little ) of beer.
the boot is nice and I didn't sink

GG , say its free and I'm all over it.

Whoosh.  A term that describes most of my life. I've been trying to read the business section attempting to keep track of the $ Can and trends in the stock market. Crap on a cracker ( ta , Penny of BBT )
No way , Jose
We ( I ) have opted for a service portfolio offered by our bank.
Advice on the internet via ' the savvy Investor etc ' says that you can 
do as well as these services. 
Whoosh  -  just about covers it
I can't even pretend anymore.
I've set aside a modest amount that I fiddle w/ but thats about it. Fiddle
So between fiddle and whoosh , we have the story of my life and finances
Small wonder that I'm counting on ' Cash for Life ' and ' Lotto Max '

I'm hoping for cash for life - $ 1 000 / week for life. This is probably the smartest way to give me money. a dribble here , a dribble there.
I can spend dribbles.

Weather : I have a new saying ' cold as Massachusetts ' and we are.
Sun but cold and warm up is due Thurs

Once again , I re -jigged a downspout. The front corner of our home  where the paver stones were slumping . I cut a down pipe and replaced it w/ a plastic pipe that runs along the pavers close to the retaining wall. thus the water won't go down into the ground and erode the fill against the house wall. Ugly !!
From the garage there are 2 down pipes firing water onto the lawn and boulevard. Ugly !!

Its amazing - installers look at the jerry - rigged downspouts and go ' thats not the right way '. The last time , I guy doing the soffits replaced the front downspout so it looks good.
You got it - thats the one that got cut and re-jigged.

These house improvement guys only see the ' right now ' look of the place. They do not solve my problems.
The front downspout runs under the pavers and under the lawn. The ' O - pipe ' is frozen or plugged and the water is bubbling out of the ' O -pipe ' near the house.

My problem - got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment