Tuesday 18 March 2014

March Madness

is basketball in the south. Here in T.O. , we have our own MM, its called transit or the debate. 
We have 3 subway lines for approx 3 million people plus the 30 -    40  % that enter the city from outside areas.
We argue over  :who pays
                         :light rail ( above ground )  or subways
                         : who gets the credit for thinking of it
.... actually , this last is probably like teaching. There is no plagiarism for teaching materials b/c everything has already been stolen.

Weather : We go above freezing for a day , 39 ?  and maybe to-morrow ( 36 ? ) but precipitation is coming , rainy sleety snow , they say.

The JHU boys dropped down to 8 th in the polls. Hop needs a 1 - 8 ranking for home field advantage. Hop must go 14 -2 or so on the season to get that top 8 placing. We face Virginia ( # 9 ) and follow w/ N . Carolina ( # 5 ) and then # 2. In three weeks # 1. And in between they play the second highest scoring team in the Div 1 field.

Before my evening work out - the elliptical machine , I play with my lacrosse sticks , sort of a warm up for arms and wrists. I noticed that the stringing was letting the ball fall part way through.
These sticks will not see combat again. but. I thought at lest have them work properly. In front of the tellie ( pure Brit , that ) , I began to re-string the heads. M asked why are you doing this ? Will you play again. No. Then ????????????
I had an answer.     " I'm afraid that I'll stop caring that things are right "  Her reply ' You'll always care that things are right '  That from someone who knows me well.
So ,worked for 2 hrs , and , well , not quite. The pockets aren't right and that means an hour or two throwing at a wall to work in the pocket. Sore arms , here I come........... deju vu , all over again

Didn't proof read , the blog yesterday. However , while taking the Highlander for an oil change and gov't inspection - the topic of trucks came up and ..... she said that I can buy a pick up truck. Cuz , she got her Subaru ... she is fair
I started looking on the 'net... Oops, the prices are all-over , we're talking 17 K to 40 K for a used truck.
Oh , the owner at the car shop takes customers to auctions , I just needed an idea of what I needed. Its a ' Chev , Silverado , 1WT , short box , crew ,4 WD ' Do not ask what all that means.... its got what I want .... maybe ........... and maybe too much.
The problem is that you buy packages.... tires and engine are standard , sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment