Friday 21 March 2014

Spring , What ??????

Weather , temperature at the freezing point , to-day. The temperatures go sub - FP , for 5 days or so.
Think this is the GWN !

Played cards last night and got annihilated - great cards - no finish
Definitely , not Kenny Rogers ( the Gambler ) or even Roy Rogers

Plans for muffins , this AM , are on hold. Kinda slept in a bit and I'm still groggy. Staying up late used to be fun , now , well , I'll survive , most likely.

We're watching ' Border Security ' - all we do is shake our heads. I guess we forget 1 ) this is Canada and people want in -  for many reasons
2 ) there are people who make their living , doing illegal things

In the TorStar ,the article was on cell phone theft. A ring actually , where victims cell phones ( i-phones ?? ) are stolen , information pirated and the phone re-packaged ( cost $ 40 incl. cords , manual and liner ) and then re-sold as new for $ 400. OMG. I was going to buy a new i- phone ( ?????? ) but thought it might cost $ 200.
So naive. So dumb
Guess not.
The girl victim tracked her phone and locked the phone by phone call. Then followed , negotiations w/ a finder dude who offered to return the phone if she unlocked it , right !
In the end , the victim's report and info led to the arrest of the ring of phone re-sellers and information thieves. The authorities seized 150 phones in the arrests.

I'm so far behind the times. Nothing is on the i-phone that I have but calendar entries , phone numbers and notes about things not to forget.
The girl victim above ,was a student and had projects and data from school , apps for banking etc.
I didn't know that I could track my phone ( probably can't , its old , I'm old ). I don't lock the phone , in case , I can't get back in.
However , I'm now using the phone as a light at night in the bedroom
I'm using the alarm setting , pretty good.
I'm trying to leave the phone on longer as an emergency contact device. We're still pay as you go. We run 3 phones for a year on $ 240 , each call is expensive ( 20 cents / min ) but we make few calls.

Other reasons  include the fact that over the past 3 months , the neighbour who had my number for the power outage has been a) receiving texts from me " How are the roads ?? " b/c their family is always running back and forth to something ( rinks , school etc ).
And L. has texted me  " garage door is open " .
Big surprise there , every night , if I'm the last one in during the day especially , I go out and make sure the garage is closed. I seem to leave the garage open for chores or by forgetfulness.

My water troubles continue. The house downspout at the front corner is causing a slump or sink to develop and w/ the rain the slump is more than obvious.
Life.  Home ownership , always something.

No comments:

Post a Comment