Thursday 27 March 2014

When You Get Going ....

on a topic , its funny how related items pop up in your day

Euphemisms : While listening to the noon call in show on CBC , a gentleman called in , a teacher as it happens. He used the term            ' bunny trails ' to describe his teaching . What are  ' bunny trails ' , they are tangents , as in going off on a tangent.
So , now , I can describe this blog and my daily conversations as having ' bunny trails ' b/c I know that I do it a lot.

Weather : sunny w/ precipitation on the way. WARM is coming. The meteorologists are promising above FP , for days  in a row.

Chopped ice at the QMH. The garage is a riverbed and the rain and melt flowed over the garage floor. I guess it wants to go out the back of the garage but that area is in the shade and frozen. Very unlikely to melt , as well. I used an axe and broke open the main chunk of ice.
Added salt melter and now rely on prayer to affect some change ... for the better , right.
As I was helping a neighbour move drywall to his garage , I mentioned the riverbed. He said he forgot to dig a trench in front of his garage to channel the water away.

Another note gets added to the ' Winter Preparation list. Rookie. Story of my life up there. Fundamental learning 101.

Water , water everywhere
But not a drop to drink

Rhyme of the ancient Mariner  by Coleridge

But it flows everywhere that I don't want

Story of my life aussi

No comments:

Post a Comment