Sunday 11 May 2014

A Confluence of Things

The events :
1. A quote in the ' Women's First ' magazine by Wayne Dyer
" If you change the way you look at things , the things you look at change "
2. The DVD , ' Julie and Julia ' 
3. the movie / DVD  ' the Best Exotic Marigold Hotel '
3. Next door neighbour said , " you 2 have it all , Florida , the cottage and travel "

In this coming to-gether of events , the comment from the neighbour came first. Sitting and reading the mag came next. Although . I had read the quote before.
Then the movies ( $ 5 at Walmart )
The movie JnJ documents how Julie following Julia Childs ' Mastering French Cooking ' recipe by recipe changed her life
Change ... or how you look at things .... change

The BEMH , is a movie that I saw 3 years ago on the plane to England. In fact , I saw it coming and going b/c the sound was so lousy that I didn't catch all the dialogue. The story line has - retired or retiring English people economizing and adventuring in India
Summing up , you can either dive into the change or be swamped by the colour , noise and culture shock

See the elements all happened and collided over a short 3 days

Maybe its appreciation ... maybe its temporary
It probably is temporary
But my computer is always making a ' restore point '
What ?
If the computer needs restore points , me , too ? 

Aha , lets see how long this one lasts

Weather : still looking for something to complain about

To-day. JHU meets Va.... Blue/Black vs Orange
This game is part of the week end that pits non ranked teams against the teams that were given home field advantage  Hop travels to Charlottesville and Klockner Stadium.
Please recall Hopkins has an enviable habit of beating higher ranked opponents. Cross your fingers b/c the ' hoos ' can run. The ' hoos '  is a nickname derived from the war whoop of Confederate cavalry ( ???? ) as in ' wahoo ' or somesuch
Go Hop 

APPRECIATE

P.S. I tried the ' voice memo ' program on the i phone 4s
Easy. Nooooo. I recorded , check. I paused , check. I recorded , check. I paused , check
How do you turn it off , no check.
OK . the instructions , on line , they're saved on the computer

1. Tap the red button in ' voice memo '
2. Tap the red button to pause  ( notice I'm doing fine , up to here )
3. Tap ' done ' when finished  ( this is the ' no ' part )

Dummy !!!!!! You actually tap the word ' done ' on the screen / not the red button
alls well w/ the world , I can shut off voice messages.

TG


No comments:

Post a Comment