Friday 30 May 2014

The Day

What should a day be ?

To-day , was lunch w/ a fishing friend. We went to Very Fair Restaurant. somebody should have helped these people w/ the name
- I mean , they could have gone one better ' Good to Very Fair ...'
Whenever , I hear the name , I want to say , Very Fair compared to.....
This meal was dim sum or ' little bites w/ tea '. The ladies push the carts around and you point ( w/ me , hopefully , although the ladies kindly lift the lids to show you , cuz , I sure don't understand their spiel.
We had sui mai ( noodle wrapped pork mixture ) , har gow ( noodle wrapped shrimp ) , beef rib sliced w/ black pepper , rice and chicken casserole , steamed and seasoned green beans and ........... ' Phyllis Diller hair-do thingies............... OK a mixture of pork and taro paste rolled in noodle crumbs and deep fried ( be aware , I'm describing as best that I can , any contact w/ reality is pure luck ) Doesn't matter , the ' Phyllis Diller ' dumplings ( my name for them based on appearance ) taste great.
And lots of tea

Visited my Mom at the nursing home. Not the highlight of my week  trust me. The helper is a wonderful lady. Positive and since she has been working w/ my Mom , I look forward to visiting b/c there is actually someone to talk to.
G , the helper , makes contact w/ the regular nursing staff and some of the patients. she knows what is going on , on the 7 th floor.
She can help my mom w/ personal hygiene ( difficult for me ) and she has a routine for caring for Mom.
Trust me , I'm a genius for hiring her. not many times when I can take credit for something as good as this

Went to the bank to re-negotiate the QMH mortgage and discovered that the bank wanted to talk to me about re-negotiating Probably means that I'm done like duck and they know how to do me in.

Weather : 70 or close to , slightly humid and breezy - good day


No comments:

Post a Comment