Monday 12 May 2014

Left Overs

At the QMH , the raised river brought ' islands ' and wood - all kinds , limbs , trunks and branches. The islands are floating amalgams of reeds , branches and soil balls - but big , we're talking 1- 200 lb or so 
4 islands were making my dock home. We are in a back eddy and sometimes given the wind direction re-launching a ' new country' is difficult. 
At the amazing Lee Valley garden store , I saw a set of extension poles ,4 to a set. the longest will extend to 22 ft.
Hey , those poles could come in handy , so laid out $ 80
Genius. The poles are strong given their weight
I used all of the 22 ft to launch the islands and wood. The trick is to push the object out into the flow of the river not the back eddy
SUCCESS !!!
4 new countries are moving down the 'bee

Weather : sunny , balmy breeze. I wore a paddling wet suit and it was comfortable in the water
Oh , yeah , had to get in and wade up to my chest

P.S. The Black and Blue snuffed the ' hoos ' .  I predicted if Hop won the face-off battle and won more groundballs that they could win
WRONG
The Hop goalie Schneider did have a good day
I predicted the score at 14 - 10 , it was 14 - 8
Hop held the Va offence scoreless for long stretches
I predicted if the ' hoos ' run and gun , it would be a slaughter
The Cavaliers didn't run much and sure didn't gun

Next the blue of Duke , rank #1 The last surviving member of the top 4 rated in the tournament

GO !  Hopkins GO !

No comments:

Post a Comment