Saturday 3 May 2014

By Any Other Name

an aside - I do work at giving each blog a catchy / witty title ... its not working, right ?

is it ' fallout ' or feedback

stop the bleeding , is first aid. The slice from the copper bracket in the overhead pipe jungle in the ceiling is stable. The cut still hurts and I use a rubber glove to shower and wash dishes. I think the patient will live
I wear long sleeve shirts for gardening + hat  +  glasses ( safety or sun ). I need the protection.  I'm just saying this has happened before

I needed to return a ' sharkbite ' coupling that wasn't used in the plumbing patch job , yesterday.
Standing in line , a conversation developed between two contractors about the return policy at Home Depot. They obviously had experience , way beyond me.
During a lull ( lull , how long was this wait , long ! ) I chimed in , holding up the connector in its bag and said ' greatest invention  for types like me '
Contractor # 2 "can't trust those things .......  I always solder  "

Should have kept my mouth shut. And , yes , I've said  that before

Torstar by the Numbers

Imagine , 4 years on, and the promised U.S.  housing for Haiti ( post earthquake ) is undone and over-budget.
Less than 1 / 4 the houses built and double the budget projection

They're always doing surveys or inventing ' global indices ' This latest is by the ' Social Progress Imperative ' ,a non-profit group

#1             New Zealand , in providing opportunity but no. 25 in                        GDP / capita
# big         Chad , way at the bottom

#16          U.S.A. - despite the second largest GDP / capita

#7             Canada and no. 2 in opportunity , 9 th in GDP / capita

100          New Zealand's score for water and sanitation
95.76       Canada's water and sanitation score

98.1         Canada's score for basic medical care
82.2         Canada's score for access to advanced education
                 - Canada's lowest ranking in a category

Remember # 7 for Canada is fantastic , our men's soccer team is 76 th in the world

Weather : ditto 
Partly sunny , rain possible ground saturated



No comments:

Post a Comment