Friday 2 May 2014

So Simple

.... no , I'm not describing me  ..... well , not only me

The shut off valve for the outside faucet is over my head , above the ceiling and accessed by a hole that I cut in the ceiling that is 2 ft by 1ft.
Up there , are pipes that no longer connect to anything , natural gas lines and Bell telephone

On You Tube , there was ' Sharkbite ' , solderless connectors

well ,we did it this morning. 2 cuts and some water on the floor to remove the existing copper pipe and valves
1 cut where a left over bracket sliced my finger
little cursing............ but the pipe and connections snapped in
No leaks

We will celebrate
Job done , cost was 35 dollars but 1 valve and 4 ft of pipe are extra
The valve can go back

Weather : indeterminate  grey and dreary w/ a little sun , and threat of rain  Temperature , around 45 F


No comments:

Post a Comment