Sunday 18 May 2014

The ' 24 ' Week end

I'm not sure , but this week end could be called Canada's start to the summer
Across the country , this week end is known as ' two - four ' week end or Victoria Day
The ' 24 ' designation is supposed to be the date. As in the long week end is the ' 24 th of May '
Except ' 24 ' is also the slang for a case of beer. In the West , they don't use the ' 24 ' terminology

So , got to work on the drainage problem at the front corner
Recall a downspout runs into the ground and under the interlock and then out onto the lawn. The area around the downspout was slumping. I figured that the drainge tube was plugged or building up water somehow ( as in a low spot ).
Thus , I dug down and cut the draiange " O " tube and further dug a dry well. As I was filling rock and gravel into the dry well ,I picked up the cut pipe and realized it was weeper tube. 
Weeper tube has slots pre-cut all down the length. This fact means that water can and will leave the tube anywhere ( inclsuing where the sownspout enters - my problems area ) . Probably , the interlock is covering an area around the tube where the sand is washed away ( or the limestone screenings are washed away ).
What got accomplished ?  a ) there is no blockage
b) there is a dry well or place for the water to go
Unfortunately , the original problem is still in effect
Go figure !!!

Weather : cool but warming w/ rain threatening all week end

To-day , we attack the back deck. The stain or deck colour is peeling. Where the sun hits especially. I've been planning this attempt in my head for weeks. I'm ready to go. I'll let you know how this fiasco unwinds

HAVE a good'un

P.S. Johns Hopkins takes on Duke at 12 

Go Jays !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment