Thursday 2 October 2014

A Life Unexamined....

.. is not worth living  < according to Diogenes ??? >
On the buds , the CBC aired a segment on analyzing your writing.
As in , is your style conducive to  making others want to read your writing. And are you an effective writer.
This is 4 AM and to quote Paul Simon " I don't expect to sleep through the night " but this is nuts. I've been tossing and turning since 2 AM.
A mosquito bite happened to get to the itchy stage during the night
and that surely didn't help
There I am scratching away , thinking ' is my writing interesting '
Part of me is wisely saying , # 1 , how many people does this affect. And if they don't read it , how will you know ?

As well , another segment was on the topic of TV shows. Now , you would think that I must have known something about the topic.
We watch TV enough hours for sure , to qualify.
Nope. The shows mentioned   ' True Detective ' and ' House of Cards ' ??????????????????????????
I may have mentioned when they give out those TV award thingies
that there is better than even chance that this house has never seen an episode.
Talk about out of the loop ! We were never in it.

Ebola. Nigeria announced that the country is Ebola free after isolating and treating a relatively small number of patients. Rumour had it that the strain was not the same as in Liberia , Senegal and Sierra Leone.
Further , correspondents for the CBC and others were commenting on the some 4 000 children orphaned by Ebola in Liberia.

I keep a ' Note ' page on the i Phone to remind me of information that I may want to use in the blog - yes, I plan the torture , way in advance of writing.

The tree. A while ago , a letter came from the city , your property has qualified for a tree planting. I thought about it and ended with ' oh , another living thing that will die from mis - treatment on our property. I didn't reply.
Apparently , that means that you agree - we have a tree. The truck pulled up and bingo - bango ... A black gum tree is a resident. Complete w/ plastic bag wrap - to keep in moisture  ? - see , we don't even know what the bag is for.
This new addition joins the tulip tree about which I have mixed feelings , its supposed to be decorative , and a .... cypress which we call the ' scarecrow tree ' an it is big and I never liked it.
We think that the new arrival has spelled doom for the tulip tree b/c now we can take it down and there is something to take its place.

I'm off to get a glass of milk and stumble back into bed. And try to get back to sleep. I hope Paul didn't write ' and I never get back to sleep '


No comments:

Post a Comment