Sunday 26 October 2014

Re - reads

Overall , I'm finding it hard to find films and books... TV shows , that are interesting.

Thus , I've read ' Instrumentalities of the Night ' 4 times in the last year and a half and..... the last vol. 2 x in a month and a half.
I've just finished a detective mystery from Martha Grimes , American writer who uses English pubs as the title and locale of her murders.

The TorStar is lauding the new show ' the Flash ' but I couldn't get into it.... way too modern ... I used to read the Flash in comics.

Films , I re - watched ' the Prairie home Companion ' , sort of plain but a nice story in all.

I do enjoy the English detective series' such a ' Foyle's War ' , ' Inspector Lewis ' and ' George Gently ' , these are the current productions available.

Weather : pleasant if cool and soon to warm up w/ rain
The wind has blown the leaves into a carpet on the back lawn - very fall - ish - gold , and brown.

This week's By the Numbers , was another winner , as in , ' How Crooked are Thai Police ? ' e.g. how much to bribe a cop ?

A cousin was sent to Bangkok for work. In his prep bundle was a tip sheet of ' Tourist don'ts ' , his wife was rolling when she read ' in strip clubs , do not lick a girl's nipples , you could get drugged '
OK ...........haven't been there and haven't done that
That was you morning giggle

Well ,off to tidy the yard and shorten the vent hose on the dryer --- its way too long and has 2 bends in it... I'll straighten it out a bit



No comments:

Post a Comment