Wednesday 15 October 2014

Blew the Call

A - ha , outsmarted again , by myself
The boat was winterized and lower gear case oil changed , she won't go out again this year
This storage process could have been done next week, Problem would have been if anything goes wrong re: next week then I wouldn't get a chance until about the 8 th of NO. Ice / snow , 1 st week of NO , sure.
Thus , I did the winterizing , yesterday , in 75 F weather.
Last year , last week of OC , 40 F weather , the only thing that ran well was my nose.
I dropped the boat in the water and revved and fogged the engine.
The engine was likely cold. Draining the lower gc oil took forever.

This year , went for a spin , engine warmed ,  fogged the engine and drained the oil.
Beutii , what can I say.

You see if I'd planned better , I actually ,could have gotten 2 more fishing trips in. Oh well ,in your dreams is the saying.

Tough when the season ends. A lot of dreaming and scheming goes into the fishing year. Fortunately , I get a reprieve. I fish in Fla for JA / FE , almost 6 weeks. See , not so bad.

Ebola , they are worried now , where will it go next. They're testing in Spain , Belleville ,ON and in Texas , the second after care case is being quarantined.
The Texas hospital came up w/  ' obviously , some protocols weren't effective '  You think ??

Weather : Grey , dampish but not bad for OC - rain still threatens
Last night , the rain started at 7 P and I think it went all night.

We are in for big media battles , the big 3 media conglomerates that control all but 10 % of the entertainment market are set to go to war w/ Netflix.
Netflix seems to have engendered some real fear in the regular broadcasters. Each is rolling out a substitute for real time streaming as competition for Netflix.
My take and you'll be used to this , its only TV , good / bad and real ugly , is the norm. I just know my Bell bill is going to go up.
The CRTC ( regulator ) , is considering how to re - package TV channels so consumers get more choice. The big 3 are saying that they will comply. Yeah  , my bill goes up , betcha , betcha.


No comments:

Post a Comment