Sunday 5 October 2014

Pita , You

You got it. The topic is pita. Actually , pita brushed w/ balsamic dressing and dashed  w/ herb mix.
The recipe originates in  a book ' Looney Spoons' , a compendium of reduced fat etc recipes. I'll explain the ' pita chips ' and you'll get the idea.
Take the pitas and split them open. Cut the pita into 12 pieces. Spread the balsamic dressing on the open faces of the segments and dash w/ herb mix ( comes dry in a spice jar ).
I've found that 1 / 2  ing the pita and then knifing the halves open is easiest. Then cut into wedges.
The original used 1 tbsp of oil and a beaten egg white. I substitued the  low fat balsamic dressing. Much easier and no egg yolk left over.
Turns out that my way results in a pita chip w/ 16 cal. Or 6 is a hundred cal.
Bear in mind that the gist of the pita is to replace potato chips , thus you'd have to eat 2 whole pitas or 32 wedges to equal a medium bowl of potato chips. Thats calories , in fat , don't bother - the ratio is pita chips 20 - bowl of chips 200
You bake the pita wedges crispy.
Told you that I tried at the last poker game and it worked. not happy like a banshee but satisfied.

Now ,for the results of  Op Osm. I am down almost 15 lbs. Been long , Jul 19 til to - day. Let's talk about the way that I feel.

Deprived , I would say no , but feeling sorry for myself , yes.
Keeping the record straight , I've had beer and sushi this week. I watch the carbs e.g. last night - scalloped potatoes , check , bread , no check.
Dessert , yes.
I eat pita chips and carrots to snack. Or almonds and raisins at night. Sort of my own trail mix.
You understand that in the mode of most diet commercials , I'm supposed to tell you ' I feel great , younger than ever , I've got more energy '  yada , yada , yada
Not quite , I feel about the same. Pleased w/ the results , a little paranoid about gaining back weight. This paranoia is probably normal , for dieters , for me.
I think that all the advice that people have given me and that you hear is coming home to roost.
Portion control ( thats my cousin )
You snack too much ( M , herself )

Clothes that I hadn't worn in 2 years , are now doable.
However , the one imponderable is health. Yes , you can watch the scale but measure health ?? I have no way of telling. Like many things in life - we shall see said the Zen Master.

World news : India is short of water. 92 billion dollars to re - route waterways as a start , that estimate in 2004 dollars.
America's got a secret weapon. the F  - 22 , Raptor , stealth fighter
The f - 22 is expensive , 150 million each. Canada can afford 1.
Or 2. We'll most likely buy at the USAF garage sale for allies , in 5 years.

Lighter notes : the man bubbling his way to Bermuda or from Bermuda is rescued. He was walking the bubble across the ocean.
Ah ,perhaps too light , huh ?

Weather : looks good out there , 50 F on the back porch in the shade. Rain is coming , off and on for 3 days.

I've spent approx 6 years , reading and re - reading a series by author Glen Cook.  The 4 th in the series was published , this March. I , finally , bit the bullet and ordered the ' Working God's Mischief '. Reviews , noted that a familiarity w/ the original three volumes was required. A brief intro , but no in depth background.
I've got that in spades.
I've fallen in love w/ the book. The characters are being revealed in more detail and the absurdities are being extended.
I'm captivated by  the whole experience. Unfortunately , personages that I enjoyed in the previous volumes are dying.
The hardcover cost $ 34 but compared to ' Guardians of the Galaxy ' at some $ 15 , this book is a bargain. I'm thinking , in terms of a long time investment. Each of the previous volumes has been read at least 3 times.
FYI , I bought the first ( vol 1 ) in Worchester , Mass in 2008. The rest have come via Amazon. That first vol cost $ 5 / hardcover. The rest cost more - happy like a banshee.
You know  , we need to be careful here , I'm not sure , how happy a banshee can be. Weird , yes , happy ????????? OK , happy as a lark



No comments:

Post a Comment