Thursday 16 October 2014

Saved by Neuroticism

Some people worry about world hunger , poverty and climate change - me , its eavestroughs and dyer vents.
Luckily , both have been solved - one a disaster / the other mostly aesthetic. The contractor dude showed up and conquered the dryer vent.
In this house ( previous owner a contractor ) some elements of the basic needs of the house are well done , others , well , your child w/ a hammer and duct tape could have been involved. 
The existing ( pre - existing , I mean ) was vinyl and ran through two walls and was bent 90 deg in two places. The 4 "vinyl connected to a galvanized brace of 3 " diam.
We ( he ) ended cutting an 8 x 10 " access panel through the closet floor. Plus two access holes in the basement drywall , 14 x 14 ".
Alls good now , but keep your child away from my house w/ that hammer.

I will sleep better to - night .......................no I won't , but its a nice thought

Weather : partly everything. Like they say about weather in Newfoundland ' if you don't like the weather right now , wait ten minutes. This is do anything weather ...walk , outside work or just look.

I've truly become enamoured of the vol 4 of  ' the Instrumentalities of the Night ' , I mentioned that I'm re - reading the book , 1 week after finishing it for the first time.



No comments:

Post a Comment