Tuesday 14 April 2015

2sentsworth............

... a big thank you for being a loyal reader

When I ' blog surf ' , the blogs that I see are more colourful
The blogs are on specific topics , often , art , music etc

OK , why isn't     ' 2sents...'   more colourful ?

Dunno, false advertising , I guess

I broached the subject , a couple of days ago ..... ' do I enjoy myself ? ' 
Figures , I got an answer
M. said ' too much analysis on your part - you over think everything '
Don't imagine that  it
 was a compliment either

Umh , he said

Here it goes , soul searching 101
She is likely right. the solution eludes me

However , we are going back to that den of iniquity in lower tier NY
what the hey !
That is not soul searching but ........... its me
it will have to do

the weather is ... well , fantastico as they say in Italia !
Name it , we got it , if its good

Why " YouTube "  ??? 

I have been practicing driving in the UK on videos
I drove in Bath , Somerset and St Ives , Cornwall.
I watched 6 ten min lessons on a driving test for a person trying for her license.
Am I ready for UK driving , maybe ?

Last time round in the UK driving , I had some iniial and following difficulties on round - a - bouts. RaBs are very common in UK.
to wit , on a 3  1/2 hr trip to St. Ives out of bath , I can expect 20 or so RaBs on the route.
First , in Inverness , Scot. I was told by our  host , not to worry , b/c the drivers are terrible in Scot.. Doesn't do much for insurance rates but at least , it felt like I wan't alone.

Next , all the instructions say that you need to read the signs and find your exit before entering the RaB.

We were using our GPS or SatNav as the Brits , say , w/ a borrowed chip for UK / Europe.

I found out on entering , the Middlesborough area that maybe the chip was slightly dated.
The Premier Inn wasn't on the GPS map , in fact , nothing was in that location. Questioning the staff produced information that the Inn had been there 10 yrs. And the shopping complex , opposite the Inn , also a blank space - for 15 yrs.

Then , after some trouble at RaBs , I asked our relatives , concerning Acklam Rd , the one exit that I needed to get to their house
Answer : ' they moved the road , some years ago '
So ,there I am planning on taking ' Acklam Rd ' and it doesn't exit.
difficulty , I'd say.

This time , I hope that I've bought a newer ' read ' up to date chip
for UK / Europe

I'll continue to drive in the UK , virtually and virtuously

Enjoy the day

Pax Vobsicum




No comments:

Post a Comment