Thursday 2 April 2015

2Y s

YYUR
YYUB
YYIC
UR4ME

Thurs Apr 2 , well , Thurs ... what have you got to say for yourself

Weather : The forecast is for 70 F , somehow 
Somehow . b/c we will get rain  We had frost warnings last night N of the city proper

A word of note : Here in the sGWN , we have a gardening rule
No planting delicate flowers til .. what we call Victoria Day or May 24. The 24 th is a long week end. 
We use the expression ' two four ' to mean a case of beer as well.

Except the date could be anywhere from the 18 to the 25th depending on the year. A long week end but the date changes. This year , 2015 , the date is the 18 th , the Monday.

For Southerners , your corresponding holiday is Memorial Day (?)

I'm running around to -day , all to do w/ fishing and eating
A. is taking me to the best rod and reel repair in Ontario.
30 miles W to Mississauga . What am I taking , Nada.
Then we go for a lunch. Usually , we go to ' Very Fair ' Chinese Restaurant.  To -day , not so sure.

OK Have a good Apr 2 

Post Script message : the day was fine til the sun went in. the wind was cold despite the sun and when the sun got covered and little drops started to fall , the temperature changed too !

I did take a reel to be cleaned. The reel is circa 1988 and runs a little stiff. To replace the sucker would be $ 220 and it may not be quite the same quality. So ,probably worth it

We hit Bass Pro Shoppes as well. I bought new shoes. Loafers in brown , leather looking uppers. On clearance and I used a Xmas gift card - too Neat.
Actually , thats 2 pair of shoes in 2 days, Yesterday , coming home , I stopped at ' Giant Tiger ' . GT is a shopping lovers ' Target '. Lots of cheap stuff but often brand names go on sale. I found ' Wilson ' running shoes and snapped them up. Well ,they're not $200 shoes and I didn't pay 200 ( 35 dollaros , in truth ). However I haven't run in a long time and likely won't - so half ass , fluorescent green / blue  shoes will do. I'm wearing them now. comfortable but thin soled. These newbies will only ever be on the elliptical anyway.

We had the sushi special for lunch - $ 15 , 4 course Japanese meal
Soup , followed by assorted sushi , next tempura ( veg and shrimp )
dessert also ... ice cream , mine was green tea.
I brought a doggie bag home - no doggie , but they didn't know
that.
Arf , arf , arf - I got dinner , out of it

So is it written , so shall it be - from the Ten commandments or somesuch ( I think Yul Brynner says the line )

No comments:

Post a Comment