Thursday 8 October 2015

As Yogi said............

deja vu , all over again

An uncle died , this week and now, of course , I'm making contact w/ cousins

I have upped my game re : connecting w/ former students , plans are definitely afoot. 
Why ??? do I wait so long...... he asks .... in vain

And , it is not just me...... Which does not make it right 

Weather , here in s GWN. Sunny , started cool to cold but it will improve - rain , most likely on the way. The long range forecast guy has ' wetter ' for us next week.

We host Thanksgiving , this year ( BTW - for you southerners , 2 nd week of OC is our , Canadian TG.

As per usual , turkey , stuffing , mash , veg casseroles , RICE and gravy -  the ultimate
Things are ramping up and will reach fever pitch ,Saturday. The turkey is cooked ahead , as at last Christmas. Carved and cooled and re - heated for Sunday. And dinner has been moved forward , then our guests can race home to watch the ' Jays ! '

If you don't live here , you can't know - the town is Bluejay crazy
... we play the Rangers , to - day , ALDs  time and its been 22 years w/out an extended season

I get to wear my " Bluejays " jacket and hope , most people do not mind that it also says ' Johns Hopkins ' ... TG , the Bluejay is big

Hello , cousin , if you're there !!



1 comment:

  1. Go Jays Go!
    Happy Thanksgiving Cousin.

    ReplyDelete