Sunday 4 October 2015

World on a String

................ lines from a song but

A neat - ish segue into the movie review for ' No Strings Attached '
Predictable but true ? , dunno , they are young , free spirits and in the end go for the convention of love and couple - dom and .... marriage ( ? )
Why should I have put this down the moment that I picked it up. The DVD was Blu - Ray , so , I'm spending xtra for a piece of doggy doo - do. As well , the male lead was Ashton Kucher. I said to C. , the manager w/ a sheepish grin " I'm looking for something light '.
C. grimmaced and followed w/ ' At least you'll get to see Natalie Portman '
Wait a sec , how well , does this guy know me?

I've remarked before , doing this blog , must reveal loads of information about me. I have not been overly discreet but still I prefer not to use name unless those names a freely available in the press etc.

Here goes , more reveal - no sex or drugs , thus it will be boring
what's the diff you say , from the regular post ? Dunno

I'm sitting upright on the sofa w/ an ice pack on my knee
The icing eases the discomfort in my knee. My Ortho doc laid out the parameters for my knee. No surgery , on the grounds that w / out the discomfort that I would do something stupid i.e. start jogging again , playing lacrosse.

I am to keep the knee moving , back off the work out if the knee hurts. Ice when needed. If ice helps the discomfort then you should ice. Ortho man said that I'd know the minute the ice pack goes on.

That advice is over 14 yrs old , now. Ortho guy was right.
I bought an elliptical machine 12 years ago. The first lasted 6 yrs. The latest machine is a trooper , called the Sole. I exercise daily when home and use a heart rate monitor.
I record the work out -Avg heart rate / max HR , time and calories burned. The calories burned is dubious but within the realm of could be true. There are 2 work outs named:

WBR - Welcome Back Routine b/c its always the one that I use after being away from home. The WBR is stints on the elliptical w/ free weight exercises on the minute. There are push ups and ab crunches ,arm swings and 4 exercises using a resistance band. Total time 40 minutes + / -.

Burst work out is 80 %  elliptical for pure cardio. The HR goal is 120 BPM. This 120 is well above the 70 % of MHR that is recommended in most age charts. 
However , since I was 18 y.o.. The longest that I've gone w/out cardio , 3- 4  times a week - swimming , jogging or elliptical - is probably 3 weeks.

I've mentioned that since OpOsm began ( Op Osm is the get fit program that I started a year + 3 months ago. Results are a 23 lb weight loss and clothes that fit. The name is from the TV reality show 'Operation Osmin ' which is a physical make over show. )
that I've now got an MaxO2 rating that is on the verge of excellent.
And on the Wii Health Test , my BMI ( Body Mass Index ) is close to excellent.

OK you're bored

From the Tampa Bay Times on line ,DayStarter 

Allegiant Air continues explosive growth despite the bad press

By William R. Levesque, Times Staff Writer
Low-cost carrier Allegiant Air continues explosive growth despite reports questioning its safety record.

Allegiant flies into the secondary airport in the Tampa area. The St. Pete - Clearwater Airport is for charter flights. Allegiant is low cost but charge for everything airline. we've never flown allegiant but many fellow resort residents do.

Weather: 53 F on the back deck , blustery and dim looking
Ah - so , we shall see said the Zen Master !!

Hi to A. S. if you are reading

No comments:

Post a Comment