Thursday 22 October 2015

To - morrow is To - day

USA TO-DAY OC 22 , 2015
Headlines : Marty McFly Arrested
w/ pictures of the suspect in handcuffs.
News at 6

" Christopher Lloyd Didn't Predict This Future "- is the below the fold banner in USA TO- DAY

Shades of George Orwell et al

Reflections or ........ re - assessment
Facebook. Over the past several weeks , I've been more active ' siting ' on FB. " Siting' is the term a ' friend ' used to describe the process of posting to FB.
Ease of access : EZ PZ
Contacts : 33 friends listed , lets say 8 - 10 active
That kicks the dickens out of blogging ( note 3 followers )
Satisfaction : way less

Why ? dunno

My last post at FB , used the theme of ' moon ' in song titles or lyrics
The responses were quite good

Weather : grey but day is reckoned to be at least warm  --- er.
The leaves have changed , here , in the Alleganies. Red , but orange is predominant. The temperature is 70 F in the suite , w/ slight breeze and whir

This morning , I started w/ the thought train of enjoyment. As in , what do you really enjoy. You see there is a problem or maybe not.
I would list fishing. Now , b/c I enjoy or is it that I can do it w/ some success.
To quote , Captain Marcos Ramius in the ' Hunt for Red October '
" I miss the peace of fishing ". Often , I've seen the future or planned the future while standing on the ' Dock of the Bay '. I guess ,you could say , its a commune w/ nature or a simple activity that gets you out in the air......
smell of the water , ' Wind in the Willows' which actually is true at the QMH ( Quarter Mile House  on the 'bee )
And ' They Call the Wind , Mariah ' - Mariah Blackwolf wrote the lyrics for Blossom Dearies' tune ' Touch the Hand of Love '

Enjoyment : so transient , a sip of ......vodka / soda , splash of cranberry - my latest drink order. Except in Bath , Somerset , UK at the Crystal Palace , got the vodka and soda but they sent over a bottle of cranberry cocktail. 
The last couple of months at home, I've been running over to the Asian grocery , once a week  and ordering at the hot table. Originally , I got the combo - rice or noodles ( choice of three kinds , very rare that ) and 2 entree selections for $7.99 . The new order - sticky rice ( cooked in a leaf ) and breaded shrimp. Sticky rice is $2 for 2 and the shrimps 10 for $3.99. This duo is a winner. The sticky rice is mixed w/ chicken as a filling. Plus , their regular special is dumplings 10 for $ 2 .
Wonderbar ! but thats German. ' Aye - yah ' is more Chinese.

And it came to me , out of the past
Great Things

Sweet cyder is a great thing,
     A great thing to me,
Spinning down to Weymouth town
     By Ridgway thirstily,
And maid and mistress summoning
     Who tend the hostelry:
O cyder is a great thing,
     A great thing to me!
Author , Thomas Hardy , who wrote ' Tess of the D'Urbervilles ' , ' far from the Madding Crowd '


I'm going to think on this some more. Cider , humh ?????
Is ellipticking , spinning ?
Maid and mistress , won't be popular at our house

ENJOY your day , PLEASE

No comments:

Post a Comment