Saturday 3 October 2015

In Case

you think that I didn't know - from the TBT , Daystarter Fri OC2

Sheriff confirms 9 killed, 7 injured in Oregon college shooting

Associated Press

I can tell you that the big Democracy below the 49 th is a bowl of conflicting idealisms.  Freedom for all - except the workers who are paid zilch and the poor who are ignored.
The biggest player on the world stage and the most insular peoples in vast areas of the country and I mean vast.
When they coined the phrase ' bread not bullets ' , those thinkers forgot the U.S.

The baby laptop ( again ) this is a progress report. The new battery bought on line is still showing 80 % charge. The battery life on this machine may now really be 7 H , if so amazing

Social items. I attended a book launch , my first ever. I went under false pretences. The book is ' Bomb Girls ' the story of the men and women who assembled ordinance for the Cdn Gov't during WWII. The crew of some 20 000 built over 80 million shells and explosive devices w/out single accidental detonation.
The crew worked underground sworn to the War Secrets Act
However ,I went to hear the ' Swing Junkies ' , one of whom is a former student. I did listen and learn but really , the music was key.

I've started to post more on FaceBook  but I've got the feeling that FB is not my thing.
Weather , Nasty w/ a capital ' N ' - cute , eh ?

I will write better when the readership balloons to 10 
I'm giving the reader drive time to build , hopefully not 3 yrs.

Later that morning , w / continued surfing , I mention a singer , Alexandra Picard who does a YouTube vid , ' the Moon Is a Harsh Mistress ' - pleasant to VG , soprano. Definitely , quality


No comments:

Post a Comment